Customer service is everything and anything that touches a customer — directly or indirectly. Customer service means servicing customers and it’s so much more than just solving problems or addressing complaints.
- Customer service is part of a holistic customer experience that is capable of providing a critical competitive advantage in today’s increasingly cluttered and commoditized marketplace. (Joseph Jaffe)
- Your customer doesn’t care how much you know until they know how much you care. (Damon Richards)
- You’ll never have a product or price advantage again. They can be easily duplicated, but a strong customer service culture can’t be copied. (Jerry Fritz)
- Customer service is just a day in, day out ongoing, never ending, unremitting, persevering, compassionate, type of activity. (Leon Gorman)
- Merely satisfying customers will not be enough to earn their loyalty. Instead, they must experience exceptional service worthy of their repeat business and referral. Understand the factors that drive this customer revolution. (Rick Tate)
- He profits most who serves best. (Arthur F. Sheldon)
- The purpose of a business is to create a customer who creates customers. (Shiv Singh)
- Your website isn’t the center of your universe. Your Facebook page isn’t the center of your universe. Your mobile app isn’t the center of your universe. The customer is the center of your universe. (Bruce Ernst)
- The key is to set realistic customer expectations, and then not to just meet them, but to exceed them – preferably in unexpected and helpful ways. (Richard Branson)
- Customer experience is a catalyst of transformation. It directly impacts culture, strategy, structure and all parts of a business. (Christine Crandell)
And here’s a bonus quote for the managers of your service team. It serves as a reminder that in order for employees to give good service, they need to experience it as well. Too often, customer service is seen as a thankless job and, to be fair, there’s some truth in it. After all, customer service reps are essentially solving problems and forging business relationships all day, every day. It’s a job that demands a lot of the people who do it and that’s something every company should recognize publically and reward creatively.
Whether you are big or small, you cannot give good customer service if your employees don’t feel good about coming to work. (Martin Oliver)